Cycling after Covid

Cycling UK Publicity

Cycling after Covid

Post by Cycling UK Publicity »

Hello everyone

I am writing an article for the Cycling UK website and possibly further afield, about the role of cycling in recovery from Covid, especially long Covid. I'm particularly interested in hearing from women who have had Covid and returned to cycling: did cycling help your recovery or did you have to wait until you had completely recovered before you got back on the bike? Did riding with a group help you recover in some way, even if it was just to enjoy the social aspect of cycling again? All experiences welcome.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jennifer
rmurphy195

Re: Cycling after Covid

Post by rmurphy195 »

I'd certainly be interested in seeing other people's experiences, not for myself but for a relative who has suffered from long covid (the pseudo-ME sort) since March and whose recovery is slow to standstill, with frequent regressions. He's getting conflicting advice - do a little more each day on the one hand, trying to do more each day is bad for you on the other. The latter is what he does,its in his nature.
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
slowster

Post by slowster »

PM sent.
Slowtwitch

Post by Slowtwitch »

I had covid in early July, took me two months to get back to full health, lung capacity. As of now I've no longer term effects, except for heart palpitations, which I had suffered from previously