Off to see an Orthopaedic Surgeon today.

al_yrpal

Off to see an Orthopaedic Surgeon today.

Postby al_yrpal » 27 Oct 2014, 12:51pm

Following my accident where I fell off hard on my right elbow and shoulder back in July I have suffered a very painful right arm and shoulder. I don't think anything was broken because nothing was swollen, so no Xray was done. I have a decent range of movement but am in continual pain and if I move my arm up the pain becomes excruciating. It prevents me sleeping through the night although that is getting better. Was in Cyprus last week on a walking holiday and was recommended this stuff by the waiter. I don't know what is in it but it certainly blunts the pain. https://pharmavel.com/en/products/otc-f ... tive-125ml

Anyway, hoping the doctor comes up with something.

Al

Ps Thanks for this new forum
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. CTC gone but not forgotten!

al_yrpal

Re: Off to see an Orthopaedic Surgeon today.

Postby al_yrpal » 27 Oct 2014, 4:46pm

I was very impressed. The doctor examined the XRays, checked out the range of movement in my shoulder moving it around to identify the point where the pain starts. Then used ultrasound to home in on a little spur on the bone which might be causing the pain. Then gave me two steroid and anaesthetic injections and arranged phisio. If that doesn't work after 6 weeks he said he would do keyhole surgery to remove the spur. Well done NHS!

Al
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. CTC gone but not forgotten!

hondated

Postby hondated » 27 Oct 2014, 4:55pm

Good to read your on the mend al. If only we could bounce as easily as when we were younger. Ted

francovendee

Postby francovendee » 28 Oct 2014, 7:42pm

I second what Hondated said, minor bumps and bruises seemed to last no more than a few days when I was younger. Now, when I take a tumble it means I'll have all sorts of aches and pains for weeks. I usually put off seeing the doctor as things get better eventually. The trouble is knowing when it's not going away on it's own and time to see the Doc. It usually ends up with Mrs F saying ' I've made an appointment for you as I'm sick of you moaning about your arm/shoulder/leg'.
Good luck, hope you won't need surgery.

Merry_Wanderer

Postby Merry_Wanderer » 30 Oct 2014, 1:47pm

Good luck Al, hope this cures the pain.