Knee pain ITBS

SteveHunter

Knee pain ITBS

Post by SteveHunter »

I'm starting to suffer from what I believe to be ITBS, which I know isn't really knee pain but that's where it hurts.

I have been riding using SPD's for years and that's what I have on my commuter and on my winter trainer. I've just switched over to Look KEO pedals on my main road bike and as that is currently on the turbo trainer it's getting a bit of a hammering.

Wanting to switch to these I have another set of these pedals on the way from Santa.

I've worked out I ride toe out naturally and my cleats weren't really allowing this so I've adjusted them, I've also ordered some red cleats which have extra float, do you think this will work or should I just sell the look keo pedals and go back to SPD's.
NUKe

Re: Knee pain ITBS

Post by NUKe »

If you've changed to road cleats and they're giving you problems, I'd be inclined to chage back for the time being at least and see if the symtoms subside.
NUKe

Post by SteveHunter »

Yes, that's what I'm thinking at the moment.
It could well be the road cleats.
Valbrona

Post by Valbrona »

Speedplay are really noted for the high level of float they offer.
I should coco.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

+1 for going back to SPDs. You can spend a packet trying to get it right with new kit, but you can't judge new stuff while you're still hurting so either revert or rest until it's better.

In 2013 I changed saddle and two rides later knackered my sacroiliac chasing a damsel up a hill. I went through all kinds of reconfigs of the saddle, pedals and bars, spending a mini-mint in the process, and didn't get anything right until I went back to my old saddle and set-up and stopped chasing women.
Have we got time for another cuppa?