Why cycling is a healthy option

mercalia

Why cycling is a healthy option

Post by mercalia »

661-Pete

Re: Why cycling is a healthy option

Post by 661-Pete »

You were almost certainly directed to that news item (which is over 2 years old) by this story which is at the top of today's BBC news page:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30812439
I think today's story will have even more impact on the population as a whole, if it gets big viewing figures. Perhaps it should not have had a picture of an obese couch-potato at the top of the article, but instead a picture of a normal-size couch-potato. That would have delivered a real message to some....

Neverthess, I shall still strive to shed the Kg, now I've started. If only to make it easier to get up those - ahem - undulations in the ride.... :|
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Cycling's healthy because it stops me getting bleeding fingertips climbing the walls.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

The ref I gave may be old but what I found interesting was a) the amounts of calories for various activities, that cycling can be quite modest b) the point that cycling doesnt stress the joints in the way that running does. I remember reading probably on the bbc news wbesite that there are lots of young joggers walking around with the worn out knees of oaps. And these points worth a note on this new forum?