Motivation For Good Diet

Thomas125

Re: Motivation For Good Diet

Post by Thomas125 »

I love the fact you can barcode scan whatever you're eating and then you just have to put the serving size in. Once you've weighed what you normally put in a bowl of cereal say you can just save it as a meal and forget about it. Just click on the meal next time and it does it for you.

Good visual indicator of how much you've had in a day let you see when you can treat yourself or when you need to lay off a bit.

I've put today in so far and I'm going to keep going with it, hopefully give myself a breakthrough. :mrgreen:
Was 93.4kg now 78.3kg

Next target 74.0kg

"Life is one long bike ride" :-)
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

Interesting variety of approaches on this thread .I,ve had a few issues with weight since stopping fell running 16 years ago and then retiring in 2010.Weight went from 11.25st ,settled at 12st(acceptable) whilst cycling and working but has,more often,been in the region12.75st -13st.I,m still very active,cycling,wooding etc,just not as active as previously.Probably in common with most athletes well past peak ability,limiting age related deterioration in performance whilst keeping motivated can be a challenge which leads back to the thread.For me,cycling is the"last chance saloon" ,the only "sporting" activity remaining which can still be done to a personally satisfying level and assumes an important part in overall wellbeing.I,m ever so slowly losing this ability with the insidious drip drip of a tiny calorie surplus day after day,year after year so,therefore,I,ve spent the last 2 months preparing the MIND to accept the challenge,recognise the culprits(usual suspects).My approach is:establish ground rules;mine will be,no butter,chocolate,only fruit or homemade flapjack between meals,exercise every day.I,m dividing each day on a large wall planner into three sessions,split between the meals and will tick the boxes if that sessions goal is achieved.I,m giving myself 60 days to lose 14lbs,realistic,achievable and have entered a hilly audax in May which will be the focus of rides between now and then.This may be of some help to you,it has certainly helped me to put this down in print as a "mission statement".
RogerThat

Post by RogerThat »

I've had excellent results on the 5+2 fast diet. Last year I lost about 16lbs in just over 6 weeks and it really wasn't a struggle at all. No counting calories (you only get 650 on a fast day and recommended you ear then all in one go to prevent cheating).

I reckon to achieve the same effect with traditional calorie counting diet would take me about 3 months. I literally couldn't be im on a diet for that length of time. I've kept the weight off no problem and every two weeks I fast (650 cals) for one day which somehow takes care of any excess eating I do!

It's not for everyone she you have to drink lots of water on fast days but easiest weight loss I've ever used!
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Lets be generous and say the 5 2 gives one a 2000 calorie deficit on diet days. Thats 4000 calories per week for 7 weeks = 28000 calories. Divide that by 3500 ( a lb of fat) indicates a weight loss of 8 lbs. Thats funny, thats just like I pointed out to Dr Mosely about his initial weight loss on his original trial of the 5 2, which he was unable to explain? Perhaps being on the 5 2 makes you watch your diet on other days too? The thing about diets is to aim to retrain your eating habits long term so that when you have reached a target weight you are able to maintain the loss. The governments obesity advisors recommend losing weight steadily over a long period to retrain your eating habits and exercise regime.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
RogerThat

Post by RogerThat »

I have modified the 5+2 to include light training on one fast day, and a 40 mile ride on the other. Probably losing about 3 lbs a week. Some weeks I would also do 4+3 which was quite difficult, but there's definitely more going on in this fast regime than just caloric deficit. Contemporary research is hinting towards a metabolic rate of change emanating from a change in chemical composition of deep bone marrow.

Personally I don't care HOW it works, I only know that it works for me!