Body Parts Discovered

Heltor Chasca

Body Parts Discovered

Post by Heltor Chasca »

I am breathless!

Having taken over a month to recover from the effects of bronchitis I amazed at how long it has taken to get anywhere 'normal'.

My 1st ride out last weekend (once I felt well enough) I managed an average of 10 mph. I could feel a burning sensation in my lungs and I was coughing a couple of hours after riding 10 miles.

Today I went for a 12 miler and felt a lot more chipper. Although I loaded up a couple of light panniers I managed a 30% improvement in average speed. No burning sensation and no coughing afterwards.

The human body fascinates me. I reckon I'm out of the woods...b
700c

Re: Body Parts Discovered

Post by 700c »

I bust my leg badly last September, I've still not been on the bike since (other than a couple of quick "around the block" to gauge if I can yet get back on properly.

I bet I'll be blowing badly when I do...
Heltor Chasca

Body Parts Discovered

Post by Heltor Chasca »

700c wrote:I bust my leg badly last September, I've still not been on the bike since (other than a couple of quick "around the block" to gauge if I can yet get back on properly.

Sorry to hear that. Are you on any herbal or mineral supps to speed things up? I have a few recommendations if you like. I've bust 8 different bones and I feel for you. I haven't done a leg which I imagine is probably up there in the worst. I wish you a swift recovery and hope you'll be on your bike soon. The Earth is warming and you won't ache as much that's for sure...b
700c

Post by 700c »

HC, yes please...I'm open to trying anything.
RogerThat

Post by RogerThat »

When I read 'Body parts discovered' I was expecting a Police Report!
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

700c wrote:HC, yes please...I'm open to trying anything.

I get: Glucosamine Sulphate + Chondroitin Sulphate and Omega 3,6 & 9 Complex for general bone and joint maintenance. If I'm hurting I take Devil' Claw.
Speedy recovery and see you on your bike...b

[ EDIT : Use a PM for company names providing herbal products thanks. Graham ]
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

RogerThat wrote:When I read 'Body parts discovered' I was expecting a Police Report!

Not yet, but I'm working on it. With a 30% increase in speed on Sunday and yet another 10% on that tonight I forecast I'll be up to rocket speed by the end of the weekend. That'll annoy my local 4x4 Bobby or if I hit yet another mound of horse s¥#% I'll be in A&E as spare parts for someone else...b
RogerThat

Post by RogerThat »

Haha! We have fun out running out local Bobby on a Bike. Poor bloke rides around in some tank of a hybrid, I am occasioned to feel sorry for him :)
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

RogerThat wrote:Haha! We have fun out running out local Bobby on a Bike. Poor bloke rides around in some tank of a hybrid, I am occasioned to feel sorry for him :)

This is - I'm sorry - just the kind of post that might put people off this forum. Some of us don't strive to 'outrun' anyone, police officer or not, we don't feel we have to be 'competitive' at all costs. And not all hybrids are 'tanks'.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Heltor Chasca

Body Parts Discovered

Post by Heltor Chasca »

661-Pete wrote:
RogerThat wrote:Haha! We have fun out running out local Bobby on a Bike. Poor bloke rides around in some tank of a hybrid, I am occasioned to feel sorry for him :)

This is - I'm sorry - just the kind of post that might put people off this forum. Some of us don't strive to 'outrun' anyone, police officer or not, we don't feel we have to be 'competitive' at all costs. And not all hybrids are 'tanks'.

Groan. [emoji42] Come of it Pete. If I can see the humour in this, anyone dipping into this forum would. If they are put off by something like this post, then off to another forum they should go. Most on here seem to be endorphin rich.

Smiling and laughter make the World go round.
RogerThat

Post by RogerThat »

Probably thinks Jeremy Clarkson to be a bit of a 'bad apple' :)
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Have your fun if you must :mrgreen: . The whole forum is yours, but I feel that the Health and Fitness section should be restricted to - just that.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
700c

Post by 700c »

Heltor Chasca wrote:
700c wrote:HC, yes please...I'm open to trying anything.

I get: Glucosamine Sulphate + Chondroitin Sulphate and Omega 3,6 & 9 Complex for general bone and joint maintenance. If I'm hurting I take Devil' Claw.
Speedy recovery and see you on your bike...b

Excellent thanks HC.
Last edited by Graham on 16 Mar 2015, 2:30pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: company name removed.
horizon

Post by horizon »

700c wrote:I bust my leg badly last September, I've still not been on the bike since (other than a couple of quick "around the block" to gauge if I can yet get back on properly.

700c: how are things now?
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
700c

Post by 700c »

horizon wrote:

700c: how are things now?

Thank for asking Horizon :D

I'm not able to walk very far without pain (the next day), so I'm limited to about 2 or 3 miles - but as i've rarely ever walked more than that in a day in my life, that does not really matter.

Bikewise; I stuck with the old girl (as I was thinking about a folder). I've done multiple small rides (circa 10 miles ish) and the longest ride has been 75 miles. Small pain the next day after that one. I'm now averaging rides of about 20ish miles as often as I can.

It's now almost 2 years since the accident - and things are so much better. I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel for a while (depressed and hooked on painkillers :(), but now I feel like I've emerged from that and it's onwards and upwards.

Thanks!