Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we dislike mortons

NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Statins - side effects

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 15 Jun 2020, 12:29am

Hi,
Oldjohnw wrote:
NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,

On anticolesterol, I have been through most of the statins and am now on Ezetimibe.(non statin).....................just the other day I tracked down a US site which says that the med can cause a rash which I have had, muscle cramps well I feel awful all the time worst when I relax , joint pain unlike anything or similar to statins, itching lower legs and red rash, endurance has gone from 250 miles in a day to struggling to stay on bike after 100, then I get off and collapse for half an hour, and cant even cycle up any hill to get a few miles home.

Its GP on monday as I am well fed up :)

How many hours cycling for 250 miles?

Under 20 hrs in the saddle and home in less than 24hrs, self supporting on the old raleigh, water from streams and a pannier full of sarmes :)
I plan to improve on that...hopefully, same set up for 168 in 12.5 hrs less than 11 hours in the saddle :P Happy days..

I wont be doing end to end return until I can do 250 in a day again, not repeating devon and cornwall coast ride at 100 a day again :(
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.

foxyrider

Re: Statins - side effects

Postby foxyrider » 15 Jun 2020, 10:23pm

Oldjohnw wrote:

On anticolesterol, I have been through most of the statins and am now on Ezetimibe.(non statin).....................just the other day I tracked down a US site which says that the med can cause a rash which I have had, muscle cramps well I feel awful all the time worst when I relax , joint pain unlike anything or similar to statins, itching lower legs and red rash, endurance has gone from 250 miles in a day to struggling to stay on bike after 100, then I get off and collapse for half an hour, and cant even cycle up any hill to get a few miles home.

Its GP on monday as I am well fed up :)

How many hours cycling for 250 miles?

Under 20 hrs in the saddle and home in less than 24hrs, self supporting on the old raleigh, water from streams and a pannier full of sarmes :)
I plan to improve on that...hopefully, same set up for 168 in 12.5 hrs less than 11 hours in the saddle :P Happy days..

I wont be doing end to end return until I can do 250 in a day again, not repeating devon and cornwall coast ride at 100 a day again :(

Lets be right, most people would struggle to stay on a bike over 100 miles, 250 is madness! :roll:
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!