Which Headset

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Michelin

Which Headset

Postby Michelin » 8 Nov 2019, 5:40pm

I have a 2015 Cannondale Ulegtra Carbon non disc and the headset needs replacing on it .Can anyone please tell me what headset I need and where I can get it. I'd like to upgrade it to a better one than stock if possible or even just replace the bearings if thats possible too.I've tried ringing a couple of shops but getting no where.Any help would be much appreciated

foxyrider

Re: Which Headset

Postby foxyrider » 8 Nov 2019, 6:22pm

There are hundreds of headset set ups these days, its not a simple matter of quality and given size.

The best way forward for you is to visit a proper bike shop (forget any of the 'sheds') who can then identify what is fitted and offer you replacement options. It should be possible to replace just the bearings but quoting a model of bike is of little help as parts may vary over a production run and may be completely different to the publisged spec sheet.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!

Brucey

Postby Brucey » 8 Nov 2019, 8:42pm

Michelin wrote:….. Can anyone please tell me what headset I need and where I can get it. ....

send an e-mail (mentioning your frame number) to cannondale?

The surefire way is to remove the existing bearings and to read the numbers on them (and/or measure them)

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Polisman

Postby Polisman » 8 Nov 2019, 9:15pm

Cane Creek have been supplying Cannondale with headsets for years. They have dozens of variations, yours is probably a semi integrated one. Any cannondale dealer will sort you out.

Jamesh

Postby Jamesh » 8 Nov 2019, 10:36pm

Hi

Can you tell us which bike you have?
Caad 8 10 12, Synapse supersix?

I have used velo bearing on eBay for my headset bearings.

A quick Google search usually gets you to the required bearing but without the bike model and year it's a bit tricky.

Cheers James

Valbrona

Postby Valbrona » 9 Nov 2019, 4:42am

I should coco.

tim-b

Postby tim-b » 9 Nov 2019, 5:59am

Hi
Or you can put details in here You need more info than you have given
Regards
tim-b