phone mount

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
malverncyclist

phone mount

Post by malverncyclist »

Hi everyone, I am trying to source a reasonably secure and waterproof cover/holder for my iphone 5c. I have come across this one [urlhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Rixen-Kaul-2706-Smart-Phone/dp/B0072C5GZ8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1445345383&sr=8-3&keywords=rixen+and+kaul+phone][/url], has anyone used this one? Experience?

Thanks

Martin
foxyrider

Re: phone mount

Post by foxyrider »

the best solution is called a pocket :D
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Depends on if you want to keep the screen on the whole time or how you want to use it. I have one of those Aquapac waterproof phone bags that you hang round your neck. Put under your top it stays out of the way, does not flop around, protected, etc. But you have to stop to look at the screen. Works for me but very much depends on how you use your phone when cycling.

Ian
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I keep mine in my pocket. Always worked alright sometimes stopping at junctions and getting it out for reference to a map.

However, a recent experience where I was heavily dependent on following a new route in an area I'm only ever in once a year. it became a pain having to keep stopping to reference it. Tried also cycling holding it in the hand but that's ok if you don't want to brake with both hands.

I'm now seriously considering a phone holder or a Garmin with mapping.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
malverncyclist

Post by malverncyclist »

I'm now seriously considering a phone holder or a Garmin with mapping.
I do have a 705 Edge which does the job. However, I am working away from home and don't have the grown up bike with me (folder instead) and use Strava to keep me on my toes. The Edge 705 although outdated is a piece of kit that does everything when it comes to routing and can be picked up for very little money off ebay ... Still think I'll go for either an aquapac or the R&K solution for my folder whilst away ...
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

What you need is a Quad Lock case. Google it. For waterproofing I use cling film if its raining.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
malverncyclist

Post by malverncyclist »

so not experience of the Rixen and Kaul cover?
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

malverncyclist wrote:so not experience of the Rixen and Kaul cover?

No, the Quad Lock is what my son uses on both his road bike and MTB. I have an android Moto E. If there was one for the Moto E I would use it too, its so simple and brilliant design.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......