Many thanks for all your advice these last few weeks!
New Perspective - Better fit and quality than new technology
Been a really interesting last few weeks, with regards to info from this forum etc, about buying a new bike sometime next year...
Better Fit and quality:
1. What do you want the bike for - 1st and most important question
2. Bike and Outdoor kit you already own - getting the best fit possible out of what got 1st! Walking boots included
3. New Bike - Better quality of bike - only for what you want to do, rather than specialised bike for something else (eg. Racing.)
4. Better health and my fit on bike - can get on with this during winter months, when less time riding in nice weather.
Rather than New Technology - for sake of it:
It was nice to run through the below, to see if one is missing out from the advance in bike technology!
1. Brake discs - do I personally really need these? Nope
2. Deep section wheel - do I personally really need these? Nope
3. Tubeless Tyres - do I personally really need these? Nope
4. Expensive new Carbon bike - do I really need this? Love to, but not fit my requirements! (eg. include commuting into work.)
Food for thought
For discussions about bikes and equipment.
1 post • Page 1 of 1