Useful info for anyone wanting a powder coater

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
ukdodger

Useful info for anyone wanting a powder coater

Post by ukdodger »

I found a company in South London that did this for £30. They only wanted £25 but I was so pleased with the result I stumped up £30. The frame was bare metal though. Armoutex will charge £78 bare metal or not. If anyone wants the name I'll PM it.

horizon

Re: Useful info for anyone wanting a powder coater

Post by horizon »

Did they prep the frame for you (plug threads etc) and did they prime?
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
pickerd

Post by pickerd »

If anyone is looking for powder coating in the Derby area I strongly recommend Derwent Enamellers. They have done a couple of bikes for me and have made a good job. I gave them the frame excluding parts and they did the rest.
horizon

Post by horizon »

pickerd wrote:If anyone is looking for powder coating in the Derby area I strongly recommend Derwent Enamellers. They have done a couple of bikes for me and have made a good job. I gave them the frame excluding parts and they did the rest.

Did they prime?
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
pickerd

Post by pickerd »

They did the whole job. Not sure if they primed.
ukdodger

Post by ukdodger »

horizon wrote:Did they prep the frame for you (plug threads etc) and did they prime?

Yes. Although they didnt plug the BB shell, or not very well anyway, the first two/three threads were soiled with paint. Not that for the price that presented much of a problem.
Brommiecominghome

Post by Brommiecominghome »

Where in South London any idea of the name?