I bought the wrong Nexus

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
RickH

Re: I bought the wrong Nexus

Post by RickH »

Bike24 do sprockets* in silver or black, 16-23T for 2.90-3.90EU apiece (+5.95EU flat rate P&P). I got a couple from there recently for my Alfine when I was ordering some other stuff (which spreads the P&P out).

Rick.
(*Having trouble getting a working direct link - select either "Road bike parts" or "MTB & trekking parts"from the "Cycling" drop down, then "Cassettes", then choose "Gear Hub" under shifting system in the filters on the right.)
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
ukdodger

Post by ukdodger »

jk49 wrote:hi ukdodger, I've just tried to order the same, but can't work out how to pay.If you don't mind saying, how did you pay?

Yeah I discovered the same thing. After you order the bits they accept the order in an email but dont ask for payment until they have confirmed that they have them! Weird innit. You'll get another email saying they have the bits and then you pay. I think it explains that at the bottom of the first email accepting the order. It's easiest if you use Paypal. I've placed two orders and had no problems and they deliver quickly.
ukdodger

Post by ukdodger »

RickH wrote:Bike24 do sprockets* in silver or black, 16-23T for 2.90-3.90EU apiece (+5.95EU flat rate P&P). I got a couple from there recently for my Alfine when I was ordering some other stuff (which spreads the P&P out).

Rick.
(*Having trouble getting a working direct link - select either "Road bike parts" or "MTB & trekking parts"from the "Cycling" drop down, then "Cassettes", then choose "Gear Hub" under shifting system in the filters on the right.)

Rick whereabouts on that site are the sprockets?
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

SJS have zillions of IGH sprockets, probably the best choice anywhere.

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/sprockets-hub-gear-dept631_pg1/#page=all

three-lug ones in the standard fitting start at less than two quid.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ukdodger

Post by ukdodger »

Brucey wrote:SJS have zillions of IGH sprockets, probably the best choice anywhere.

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/sprockets-hub-gear-dept631_pg1/#page=all

three-lug ones in the standard fitting start at less than two quid.

cheers

Why the hell cant I find these things :shock:
jk49

Post by jk49 »

ok, thanks for that. Now done google translate on the email, so see what you mean. Thanks for the heads up on this deal, seems like a good price.