Vittoria Hypers (again)

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Scunnered

Re: Vittoria Hypers (again)

Post by Scunnered »

I have a brand new unused 700x35c Voyager Hyper that I want to sell or swap for a 700x32c. Anyone interested? Send me a PM.
Rich_Clements

Post by Rich_Clements »

Can anyone recommend a supplier my usual place Rose bikes are sold out of hypers
Rich
RickH

Post by RickH »

Rich_Clements wrote:Can anyone recommend a supplier my usual place Rose bikes are sold out of hypers

Planet X (never the same prices two days running! :wink: )

I may buy a few more 38s if/when the prices drop again!
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Roadster

Post by Roadster »

SJS still list them (35c only) for £15.99:-
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tyres/700-x ... e-700-622/
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

RickH wrote:
Rich_Clements wrote:Can anyone recommend a supplier my usual place Rose bikes are sold out of hypers

Don't wait too long. Vittoria have discontinued them according to their website.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
Rich_Clements

Post by Rich_Clements »

MikeF wrote:
RickH wrote:

Don't wait too long. Vittoria have discontinued them according to their website.

Damn,that's shame :(

Once stocks have depleted, what next ? Schwalbe Marathon Supreme's ??
Rich
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I reported this last November:-
reohn2 wrote:We'll need to stock up as Voyager Hypers are no longer listed in Vittoria's catalogue,even a search on their website came up with a ''no results found'' :(
Their Randonneur Pros aren't listed either and their "urban" and touring tyres are all on 30TPI casings :?
A sad day for those of us who value a really nice supple high quality wide section tyre
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
RickH

Post by RickH »

I don't know if it is of any significance but they are still listed on the Italian version of their website (plus Japanese & Thai too).
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

RickH wrote:I don't know if it is of any significance but they are still listed on the Italian version of their website (plus Japanese & Thai too).

That's a very positive post Rick,thanks :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
robc02

Post by robc02 »

It wouldn't be the first time that a manufacturer's website doesn't completely cover their range of products! (I seem to remember that SKS don't list a version of their mudguards that is, in fact, still available but only for the UK market.)
dragonrider

Post by dragonrider »

Rich_Clements wrote:
MikeF wrote:
RickH wrote:Planet X (never the same prices two days running! :wink: )

I said this a lot earlier in this string but no-one seemed interested, perhaps because there seems to be a bit of resistance on this forum to the big manufacturers, but here goes again. Specialized own brand tyres apparently are made by Vittoria. I have used the All Conditions Armadillo folding tyre on several bikes for the last 6 years and don't have a bad word to say about them. The wet grip is superb and rolling resistance is low as they have dual compound rubber facings on shoulders and the centre. And if your club has a deal with the local Specialized shop, as mine has, I get 10% off marked price.
honesty

Post by honesty »

Seems planetx has these back in again. May see if I can squeeze some on my audax. It's probably been said on this thread before but how do the voyager hypers compare to marathon supremes?
RickH

Post by RickH »

honesty wrote:Seems planetx has these back in again.

Back in stock? They have had "lots in stock" in all size for months. The prices seems to be a bit volatile but even those have been state for a while.
irc

Post by irc »

honesty wrote:Seems planetx has these back in again. May see if I can squeeze some on my audax. It's probably been said on this thread before but how do the voyager hypers compare to marathon supremes?

Similar handling and rolling resistance as far as I can tell having used both. I've read the Vittorias have a thinner tread so would wear out faster on a long tour. Apart from that I can't see past the Vittorias. Similar performance for much less cash.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

dragonrider wrote:
Rich_Clements wrote:
MikeF wrote:Don't wait too long. Vittoria have discontinued them according to their website.

I said this a lot earlier in this string but no-one seemed interested, perhaps because there seems to be a bit of resistance on this forum to the big manufacturers, but here goes again. Specialized own brand tyres apparently are made by Vittoria. I have used the All Conditions Armadillo folding tyre on several bikes for the last 6 years and don't have a bad word to say about them. The wet grip is superb and rolling resistance is low as they have dual compound rubber facings on shoulders and the centre. And if your club has a deal with the local Specialized shop, as mine has, I get 10% off marked price.
But are they made in the same sizes as Hypers? It's the comfort of Hypers combined with low rolling resistance that makes them good. In fact I think I prefer the 35s over the 32s.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.