frame-mounted side-stand stronger than a Hebie 611

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
latequartet

frame-mounted side-stand stronger than a Hebie 611

Post by latequartet »

We have a new bike, with frame mounting holes on the chain stay. The Hebie 611 is not strong enough and has failed (at less than the 25kg max load), any suggestions of an alternative replacement side-stand (before we consider a bigger shift in kickstand choices), that will mount in the same place?
A towing-daily-road cyclist (without a car) with children and a wife. Cycling close to and on the NCN 6 in Sheffield.
Elizabethsdad

Re: frame-mounted side-stand stronger than a Hebie 611

Post by Elizabethsdad »

How about a twin leg stand? Something like this one:-
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-ma ... re-mounted
Others are available
latequartet

Post by latequartet »

Thanks Elizabeth, we do know about the wide range of alternatives, but are specifically looking for a frame-mounted side-stand stronger than a Hebie 611.
A towing-daily-road cyclist (without a car) with children and a wife. Cycling close to and on the NCN 6 in Sheffield.
Elizabethsdad

Post by Elizabethsdad »

latequartet wrote:Thanks Elizabeth, we do know about the wide range of alternatives, but are specifically looking for a frame-mounted side-stand stronger than a Hebie 611.

I had a twin leg stand on one bike and found it to be very good for stability and ease of use. Bolts on in exactly the same way as a prop stand. Another alternative to consider are the prop stands that fix on at the rear axle - has the advantage of providing support directly underneath your loaded panniers - also it is nicely out the way, I have found with other prop stands that over time they would move out a bit so that the crank would clip it as you pedalled. I have a Rose bike that came with one fitted so can vouch for it's stability.
latequartet

Post by latequartet »

Thanks, and sorry, Elizabethsdad (not Elizabeth) ... it is actually a kickstand (Hebie) mounted on the chain stay right by the rear axle that we're wanting to replace with something strong.
Malaconotus

Post by Malaconotus »

There is a Pletscher Comp zoom which uses the two-hole frame mount and seems to work fine for a couple of PCSOs with chunky bikes, but I'm not sure even with rack bags full they are quite 25Kg. It looks more substantial than the Hebie 611, though.