Purchasing advice:Cannondale Synapse Disc 105 vs BMC Granfondo GF01 Disc 105

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
pstenner

Purchasing advice:Cannondale Synapse Disc 105 vs BMC Granfondo GF01 Disc 105

Post by pstenner »

Hello, I am interested in purchasing one of these bikes. Both are the 2016 models, carbon, disc brakes and 105 group sets.
The Cannondale is 1620 pounds and the BMC 2124 pounds.
Does anyone have any opinions or advice about which of these bikes to purchase? Quality of ride, comfort, any issues etc.
Thank you in advance for your views.
SpannerGeek

Re: Purchasing advice:Cannondale Synapse Disc 105 vs BMC Granfondo GF01 Disc 105

Post by SpannerGeek »

pstenner wrote:Hello, I am interested in purchasing one of these bikes. Both are the 2016 models, carbon, disc brakes and 105 group sets.
The Cannondale is 1620 pounds and the BMC 2124 pounds.
Does anyone have any opinions or advice about which of these bikes to purchase? Quality of ride, comfort, any issues etc.
Thank you in advance for your views.

The BMC is a much more refined and 'plush' bicycle, but I suppose it's what you like at the end of the day. My advice with middle range carbon bikes is always buy the best bike you can afford.
samsbike

Re: Purchasing advice:Cannondale Synapse Disc 105 vs BMC Granfondo GF01 Disc 105

Post by samsbike »

I would second the above.

However, I would ride both and see which one you like better. The Cannondale is a very good bike and won bike of the year or something.

I don't think you can wrong with either.

At that price range I would definitely consider a Trek Domane.

Also which one has a better guarantee?
pstenner

Post by pstenner »

Thanks for the feedback
chocjohn9

Post by chocjohn9 »

If you look here

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m7b65s6p0/ ... oad-Racing

you will often find Cannondale's on offer. Not the one you have mentioned, but nevertheless, something to bear in mind.
Dave W

Post by Dave W »

I have both although the Cannondale isn't the disk braked model. BMC is the better bike in my opinion, higher qualty carbon and better finished. The cannondale rides ok but has a dreadful bottom bracket design unsuitable for our climate. I've also owned a caad 12 which I returned to the shop (rubbish).