Trekking handlebars

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
sp542009

Trekking handlebars

Post by sp542009 »

Looking to put trekking handlebars on one of my bikes,

Humpert make various styles,

Contest and contest comfort,

The contest has steeper angles on sides

Contest comfort has flatter angles to side

Has anyone used either of these, or have any general comments on there use of trekking handlebars,
swscotland bentrider

Re: Trekking handlebars

Post by swscotland bentrider »

I fitted BBB butterfly bars to my roadified mountain bike. Ive used them for runs up to 50 miles and found them excellent. I'm now considering fitting a set to my Spa tourer. The way I have them set up means the wind cheating equivalent of going on the drop is to move my hands to the front of the bars. You are a little more stretched out and a bit lower as a consequence. But possibly a bit more sustainable (for me) than being on the drops.
jk49

Post by jk49 »

^^^^^^^^+1
Also lots of room for lights, bells, gps, computers etc, if that's your thing.
Although I really like the BBB I'm considering trying to find a slightly narrower version for perfection. But I guess that depends on one's shoulder width.
hondated

Post by hondated »

jk49 wrote:^^^^^^^^+1
Also lots of room for lights, bells, gps, computers etc, if that's your thing.
Although I really like the BBB I'm considering trying to find a slightly narrower version for perfection. But I guess that depends on one's shoulder width.

I tried fitting them to my Roberts and whilst they felt comfortable the ones I brought seemed a tad to wide for me .I also had to fit a longer stem than the one I use for my drops.
I know its a long short but if you are near Eastbourne let me know and we can fit them to see whether you like them or not.