What have you tried and liked (or not) in 2016?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
foxyrider

Re: What have you tried and liked (or not) in 2016?

Post by foxyrider »

MrsHJ wrote:
foxyrider wrote:Taking a bike on Lufthansa - flight with anyone else will seem like even morw of a chore in future!

I like my collapsible Sea to Summit kettle too - brilliant.

The only other new gear i've bought in 2016 are an Ortlieb seatpost pack and an Ezywheel single wheel trailer - both great bits of kit but both remain unused due to changes in my holiday plans - maybe next year.

I've got some planned kit purchases for 2017, I may even buy a new bike!

How is the sea to summit cookware holding up-very tempted to get some but concerned about longevity?

So far no issues, actually finding that it boils water quicker as you are only heating the base. Keep flame fairly low. You need to be careful and attentive when heating other stuff, it's easy to burn stuff as the set up is so efficient. BTW i'm using a Soto Windmaster stove which in recent tests has come out as the top performing canister stove.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
MrsHJ

Re: What have you tried and liked (or not) in 2016?

Post by MrsHJ »

foxyrider wrote:
MrsHJ wrote:
foxyrider wrote:Taking a bike on Lufthansa - flight with anyone else will seem like even morw of a chore in future!

I like my collapsible Sea to Summit kettle too - brilliant.

The only other new gear i've bought in 2016 are an Ortlieb seatpost pack and an Ezywheel single wheel trailer - both great bits of kit but both remain unused due to changes in my holiday plans - maybe next year.

I've got some planned kit purchases for 2017, I may even buy a new bike!

How is the sea to summit cookware holding up-very tempted to get some but concerned about longevity?

So far no issues, actually finding that it boils water quicker as you are only heating the base. Keep flame fairly low. You need to be careful and attentive when heating other stuff, it's easy to burn stuff as the set up is so efficient. BTW i'm using a Soto Windmaster stove which in recent tests has come out as the top performing canister stove.

Yep-windmaster in my basket already. I'll sell my jetboiler-the wind baffle just anmoys me.