Computer type question

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Bill Reynolds

Computer type question

Post by Bill Reynolds »

Hello, Recently I purchased some medical history stickers for my two cycles ftom 'Emergency Pal'. As I had to wait a bit for them the company sent a extra....called a....Landing page mat...it looks like a thin folded cardboard? and has printed on the front..."This is your PAL for life". It has two slots on the back page for a fixing?? to something?....I don't know! Has anybody out there know what I have as I don't! I also have to go on a Web page to activate it.....help!
DarkNewt

Re: Computer type question

Post by DarkNewt »

can you post a photograph?
Currently planning my next adventure and trying to get over two operations in 6 months but still going strong!
email: newt@systems-engineer.info web: thedarknewt.blogspot.co.uk
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

I guess someone else may know what this is referring to but I'm completely in the dark :oops:
DarkNewt

Post by DarkNewt »

I have done a little digging and I suspect they have also sent you the emergency pal smart card. It has an embedded chip that uses NFC technology which is a fancy way of saying it stores your data on the card and it can be read by suitably equipped readers. Additionally it should have a QR code (google QR Code) and you will see its a square box that looks like a jumbled up chess board. This too can be scanned by a QR reader, you can install an application on most phones etc.. that will read them.

I am assuming you have already provided your medical data, if not you should be able to scan that QR code to be redirected to a website that will allow you to enter your data. There should also be a telephone number that if called will send you a text back with your medical details i.e. if an emergency responder/ambulance/medic checks it they can get your emergency medical data. Essentially it is ICE data (In Case of Emergency).

Hope that helps
Currently planning my next adventure and trying to get over two operations in 6 months but still going strong!
email: newt@systems-engineer.info web: thedarknewt.blogspot.co.uk