Schwalbe Pro One

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Brian696969

Schwalbe Pro One

Post by Brian696969 »

Has anyone here tried these, and if so, what were they like, and what PSI worked best ?
Thanks.
Gattonero

Re: Schwalbe Pro One

Post by Gattonero »

Not tried in person, but they are tight fit and go up without sealant at the first shot, no leaking
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are...
Brian696969

Post by Brian696969 »

Thanks

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
Samuel D

Post by Samuel D »

My friend tried the Schwalbe Pro One in a tubeless set-up and wasn’t too impressed. I don’t know all the details, but he had trouble with poor puncture resistance and the sealant not closing punctures at high pressure, leaving him struggling home on a very soft tyre. Eventually he reverted to a tubed Continental, with which he has been pleased in the past.

The tyre gets mixed reviews, but those do include some very positive ones.
Revolution

Post by Revolution »

I bought a pair of Schwalbe Pro One EVO tubeless tyres (25mm) on the strength of reviews and data I found on rolling resistance which was less than any other tyre. http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/road-bike-reviews
They performed well although I wasn't that convinced by the claims of their grip attributes. I have taken them off for the winter and am running Schwalbe S-ONE 700Cx30 at the moment.
As for pressure - tubeless will safely run at much lower pressure without a noticeable loss of efficiency. I have recently adopted the 15% tyre drop formula http://www.bccclub.org/documents/Tireinflation.pdf- so for my weight am riding at 50 and 65psi and am very happy :D

ps. Cheapest I found was here https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/schwalbe-pro-one-evo-osc-tl-easy-25-622-folding-497909
Brian696969

Post by Brian696969 »

Many thanks . ( what is your weight by the way ?)

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
Revolution

Post by Revolution »

I attempted to weigh the load on front then rear wheel as advised (not sure how accurate it was as its easier said than done)
anyway front 33Kg
rear 44Kg
I have to say - I used to ride 18mm tyres at 115psi
now I am not fretting about every pot hole I encounter and I don't notice any loss in speed with the low pressures.
Scooter Boy

Post by Scooter Boy »

Hi Guys,
I’ve been riding tubeless Vittoria Corsa on my TT bike for two years but they’re very difficult to get on and off the rims.

I got some Schwalbe pro-ones a month ago for my road bike and have generally been happy with them.

The downsides as far as I can see are

1.being stranded in the event of a catastrophic puncture (I’ve had this happen once)

2. Repairability of the tyre - which tyre repair kits are people using?

3. Grip... I’ve found these tyres to lack the adhesive properties of the Vittoria corsa or the conti GP 4000 S2.

I’m 84kg and running at 80-85psi - but having read the comments above and looked at the recommended running pressures from other manufacturers for their tubeless tyres and rims at my weight I’m considering dropping the running pressure to 60-65psi.

Cheers!
LinusR

Post by LinusR »

Scooter Boy wrote:I got some Schwalbe pro-ones a month ago for my road bike and have generally been happy with them.

What size are you using? What sealant? Did you use the Schwalbe valves and kit?