Tyre & Mudguard Compatibility

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
smuggers

Tyre & Mudguard Compatibility

Post by smuggers »

Hi,

I have a few questions / points I want to discuss about widths when fitting mudguards. I have a Genesis Vagabond & originally I wanted to fit 2" tyres & purchased some 60mm Bluemels. Unfortunately I didn't have enough clearance between the top of the tyre & the seat tube. I ditched the 2" tyres for a pair of 40mm mondials & I'm really struggling to stop the mudguards from rattling. I have tried to dampen the stays & bridge clip, with little success.

I'm now thinking of getting some narrower mudguards & have come accross the Flinger Deluxe 50mm, which would be a good fit width wise to the Mondials. Has anybody got any experiences of using these mudguards ? Struggling to find any online reviews on them. Can anybody recommend a alternative ? Would I be able to get away with using 45mm Bluemels ? Protection from the elements & mud are my main priorities.

These are the Flinger Mudguards btw >> http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Flinger-F50-Del ... _79391.htm I have notice the main photo doesn't show the safety clip on the front stays, but in the information section it lists them as included.

Many Thanks..

smuggers
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. --H.G. Wells