Phone mount - Quad Lock Bike Kit Universal Fit

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
RecumbentRide

Phone mount - Quad Lock Bike Kit Universal Fit

Post by RecumbentRide »

Thinking of getting this type of mount for my bike but was surprised to read on their website the caveat below.

*NOTE: The 3M™ VHB adhesive will adhere to smooth, non textured, non-porous surfaces such as plastic and metal. It will NOT adhere to rubber, silicon, TPU or soft touch coatings.

This seems to just about exclude every phone case on the market that I've ever bought!

Interested to know what peoples real world experiences are of this mount in general.
Gattonero

Re: Phone mount - Quad Lock Bike Kit Universal Fit

Post by Gattonero »

FWIW, I would not rely a telephone to be fitted with an adhesive patch only.
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are...
le.voyageur

Post by le.voyageur »

Funny I've just bought one of these for use with a Samsung S7 (non edge version). I have a hard smooth plastic "case", one of those that clips to the back of the phone and doesn't cover the phone entirely just the back and sides.
I was a little nervous at first and put used a few elastic bands around it in case of mishaps but it's been rock solid. I've used everyday for commuting and several longer rides. I made sure the case was completely clean before applying the sticky mount.

Later in the year they're bringing out a quad lock case specific to my phone and I'll probably get that when it's out.
good luck
RecumbentRide

Post by RecumbentRide »

le.voyageur wrote:Funny I've just bought one of these for use with a Samsung S7 (non edge version). I have a hard smooth plastic "case", one of those that clips to the back of the phone and doesn't cover the phone entirely just the back and sides.
I was a little nervous at first and put used a few elastic bands around it in case of mishaps but it's been rock solid. I've used everyday for commuting and several longer rides. I made sure the case was completely clean before applying the sticky mount.

Later in the year they're bringing out a quad lock case specific to my phone and I'll probably get that when it's out.
good luck

Yes maybe the manufacturers are just covering their bases. But the arrangement does look good and I plan on trying it out, additionally they seem to have had good reviews. Surprised they don't do a cover for more Samsung phones but the universal looks just as good.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

There are 2 versions of the Quad Lock, one with a stick on mount for your existing phone case, and one with the mount incorporated into the phone case. The latter is more expensive but more secure.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com