Sandals

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Sandals

Post by Mick F »

Just logged into my account with them, then clicked the Contact Us button.
I've asked them how long it will take for delivery and if they can confirm the cost is £17.97 including delivery.

Hopefully, this'll get an answer.
Hopefully we'll see if they seem genuine ............ maybe not, but we'll see.
Mick F. Cornwall
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

And I've just contacted my credit card provider by telephone - to try and discover what was the increased amount 'pending' payment source. Having explained the situation I was told "do not panic" (without any mention of Mr Mainwaring).

The .top website suffix does indeed indicate a USA source, but beautywebsites is actually registered in China. According to MBNA (my credit card provider), this is a common practice - whereby domain names are bought and used to fool folks like Mick F and me :roll:

One has to wait 15 days for delivery - and if the goods don't arrive, one is advised to contact beautywebsites and cancel the order PLUS inform MBNA again.

There were two other options - but suffice to say MBNA was at pains to assure any fraudulent action (if it turns out that way) of this kind would not leave me out of pocket.

We shall see :roll:
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Thanks for going to the trouble.

I've been sort of relaxed about this issue, but my fingers are crossed very firmly.
There's no such thing as a free lunch, but you can't look a gift horse in the mouth either.
I can stand the loss of twenty-odd quid of course, but if it goes sour it's good to know that we have the strength of the (credit card) insurance behind us.

Sorry about all the chestnuts. :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
RickH

Post by RickH »

If you look at the Beautywebsites term of use it implies that it is a marketplace, like Amazon's - 3rd party sellers.

Conditions of Use

Welcome to beautywebsites.top!it's associates provide their services to you subject to the following conditions.If you visit or shop within this website,you must accept these conditions.In addition,when you use any of our services,you will be subject to the rules,guidelines,policies,terms,and conditions applicable to such service,and they are incorporated into this Agreement by this reference.Please read them carefully. (my bold)

The Risk of Loss part is interesting too - once it is dispatched (or claimed to be) it is your responsibility not theirs.

Risk Of Loss

All items purchased from our website are made pursuant to a shipment contract.This basically means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. (my bold)

:?
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Yes there are some extraordinary terms with some, but by no means all, of these Chinese outfits. I remember seeing one where they appeared to say that on placement of an order you would automatically be deemed to have given them a 5 star top notch feedback rating.

I have ordered a fair few bits from China trouble-free though.

Will follow this thread with interest - do report back folks.
Sweep
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Mick F wrote:Just logged into my account with them, then clicked the Contact Us button.
I've asked them how long it will take for delivery and if they can confirm the cost is £17.97 including delivery.
Hopefully, this'll get an answer.
Hopefully we'll see if they seem genuine ............ maybe not, but we'll see.
No reply as yet.

deliquium wrote:And just checking my credit card, I have a pending transaction of £29.58!
Just checked mine, and it's £19.51 :shock:

All very strange indeed.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

PS:
Here's a screenshot from my credit card statement.
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 07.12.39.png
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

The payment has gone through and no longer "Pending", but it's gone through as £20.09.

Curiouser and curiouser. :roll:
Mick F. Cornwall
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

Mick F wrote:The payment has gone through and no longer "Pending", but it's gone through as £20.09.

Curiouser and curiouser. :roll:

Mine's now been processed and is £19.62 from PES*HPBOUTIQUE FUZHOU

and there's a separate charge of £0.58 for a non sterling transaction fee - which might be MBNA's?

We shall see if anything arrives . . .
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Mick F wrote:People really notice my "odd" socks, but when I speak to friends about them, I'm at pains to say that they aren't odd, but just different colours. I was given a variety pack of identical socks (in pairs of course) in lots of bright colours, so I just mix them up a bit.

As for rain, it's rained of course, but hardly for more than a day. Last decent rain we had was late September last year. Hammered it down once or twice, but not decent constant rain.

Mini V and Littlest seldom wear matching socks. They both like to wear one each of their favourites & it can be hard to get them to change. Even after Littlest changes his socks, he often puts them back in his cupboard so that he can put them back on the following day. :lol: I have to go through his clean clothes to find the dirty socks every couple of days. Mini V just tells me that she doesn't have any clean ones. I keep finding them under her bed. :lol:

As for the rain, you can have some of ours. Today is the first day in a couple of weeks that we havenæt had rain, and it rained in the night, so everything is still wet. When this started, we'd had late snow and it still looked like winter, except that a few trees were budding. Now, everything is green, our apples are in blossom, and my lawn has needed mowing for a week.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I was in pink and blue yesterday, but don't ask me which was on which foot.
Chucked it down the last few days, so I expect the conker trees are doing ok now, :D

Out into N Cornwall in pink and blue and did 40miles into the lanes in and out. I'm trying to ride all the roads in Cornwall and after twenty years plus on the case, I'm not far off. All these roads "are within reason" of course, and yesterday I spent ages going back and forth and in and out near Jacobstow, Wainhouse Corner, Week St Mary, Poundstock, Hallworthy, and Davidstow - all 40miles of it.

I need to get further west. I intend to drive down to Camborne in the next few weeks with Moulton in the back, park up, and do a 50 or 60 in and out of the lanes. Coverack, Hale and south to Helston etc are needing my attention.

This is a hasty screenshot of my maps cobbled together. The eagle-eyed will see the north bit is missing from it, but I can assure you all that it's covered.
Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 19.17.29.png
Mick F. Cornwall
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Get a camper van and ditch the micro cars.
Then you can drive out ride sleep and repeat and when you get bored or sore come home and your dinner will be on the table :mrgreen:

Think of all those pubs :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

Back to the £17.97 Shimano SPD sandals from:

http://www.beautywebsites.top/index.php ... s_id=18259

I too took a gamble/punt on this being a sham/scam and ordered a pair on 16th May.

They haven't arrived and the 'seller' hasn't replied to any emails.

Contacted my credit card issuer today and have been promised a refund by Friday at the latest - as result of 'undelivered goods in a reasonable time'. They (MBNA) weren't at all phased. Even made sympathetic noises when I professed "it seemed too good to be true" - and we know what that usually means :roll: :oops:

Encouraging news re credit card providers :)
Last edited by deliquium on 15 Jun 2017, 8:09am, edited 1 time in total.
Current pedalable joys

philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

I wonder if Mick F has any news about his sandals?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

No news I'm afraid.
I've left the order open with my fingers very much crossed but not actually getting round to sending an email or contacting my credit card people.

Just emailed them now.

A month ago, I logged into my account with them and clicked Contact Us and sent them a message, but this time, I've emailed them. I'll give it to Friday next week, and if there's nothing from them, I'll phone my credit card people for a refund.
Mick F. Cornwall