cateye cordless computer

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
foxychick

cateye cordless computer

Post by foxychick »

When fitting a computer to my bike if i put the computer on the right hand side of my handlebars do i have to fit the sensor on the right hand side of the fork or can i fit it on the left hand side of the fork?
geocycle

Re: cateye cordless computer

Post by geocycle »

Best to use the same side and get it as close as possible. It might work but when the batteries fade the connection could drop off.
freiston

Re: cateye cordless computer

Post by freiston »

I have my Cateye Micro wireless on the stem (central) and the sensor on the left fork low down. I just tried it on the rollers, holding the computer in my right hand on the ramp and in my left hand on the ramp (wide bars so the distance to the sensor is imho significantly bigger at the outside of the bars). Not sure if I imagined it or not but I think I might have dropped some pulses when the computer was in the hand and more in the right hand than the left - I tried to maintain a steady cadence and watch the speed readout for variation. I suppose that if you could successfully mount the sensor higher on the fork then the computer would stand a better chance of grabbing the pulses whatever side of the bar it is on.
Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)