BIG neoprene overshoes - recommendation please

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
julianm

BIG neoprene overshoes - recommendation please

Post by julianm »

My old ones have finally had it & I`m looking for something which will fit well over size 13 / 48 MTB type shoes. Planet X seem to do some & class the Briko ones as XXL but to save ordering/returning if anyone can help with a good fitting brand which isn`t overpriced it would be appreciated. Warm & actually waterproof would be great but is that possible?
Thanks, Julian
roubaixtuesday

Re: BIG neoprene overshoes - recommendation please

Post by roubaixtuesday »

After many years of squeezing on ill fitting overshoes, destroying zips etc, I found these which are perfect, work on size 49s and 50s that I have.

You may or may not find them "overpriced" of course.

https://en.hollandbikeshop.com/cycling- ... 3xl-49-50/

You have to pull them up your calf before putting on the shoe, then pull them down over the shoe - the heel is too restrictive to get the shoe through.

[edit - before I bought these I spoke to PlanetX who said none of theirs at the time went above a 47. Not sure about their current offerings]
David Cox

Post by David Cox »

I've used BBB ones for some years. They go over bulky boots and have worked well.
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

David Cox wrote:I've used BBB ones for some years. They go over bulky boots and have worked well.

+1
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!