Dynamo system choices

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
cycle tramp

Re: Dynamo system choices

Post by cycle tramp »

speedsixdave wrote:
cycle tramp wrote:
Hope you don't mind me asking, which roller wheel are you using on your b&m dynamo? The standard dynamo came with the usual rubber wheel, however you could up grade it to a wheel which was a wire brush wheel.

I don't mind at all, Cycle Tramp. It's the standard rubber wheel. Are there disadvantages to the wire wheel? If that's the solution to slipping in the wet, should the wire wheel not come as standard?

Thinking about it mine might be a 6 rather than an S6. Whichever was the cheaper one.

I never found the wire wheel to slip, but using the wire wheel did mean that i had to set the tension of the wire wheel against the tyre with care and i always had to choose a tyre with a dynamo track
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

ConRAD wrote:
Brucey wrote:... they are no longer manufacturing this dynamo ...

... ohh, sounds good to me, perhaps one day will it become something rare ?

when that day comes I will sell my NOS one for hmm as much as this record player cartridge cleaner -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audio-Technica-AT637-Ultrasonic-Stylus-Cleaner-USED-JAPAN-mc-mm-cartridge-mg-10/192451515006?hash=item2ccf01127e:g:JZAAAOSwYc5aBs6X

or these Sony hi-md discs

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-HI-MD-1GB-DISC-BLANK/222839409647?epid=6010688099&hash=item33e2438bef:g:8gMAAOSwwvZZUWxR

( I have 9 I think )
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I have hundreds of MDs ... :shock: :roll:
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

[XAP]Bob wrote:I have hundreds of MDs ... :shock: :roll:

well the only ones that have any value are the 1 GB hi-md ones - as rare as chickens teeth these days