Hydraulic Shifting for Rohloff etc?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Suffolker

Re: Hydraulic Shifting for Rohloff etc?

Post by Suffolker »

Not quite Rohloff, but something mentioned in this thread.

I see that the Norwegian Kindernay XIV hub is still in the "pre-order for 2018" stage. Out of interest, has anyone gone for one of these? I'm trying to weight his up against a possible Rohloff purchase.
tommydog

Post by tommydog »

Suffolker wrote:Not quite Rohloff, but something mentioned in this thread.

I see that the Norwegian Kindernay XIV hub is still in the "pre-order for 2018" stage. Out of interest, has anyone gone for one of these? I'm trying to weight his up against a possible Rohloff purchase.

I emailed them a while ago, but I think they are still trying to work out some teething problems. They told me they hoped to have the product out by April 2018, but I would not hold your breath. It seems to have been in development for a long time. If I were you I would hold back until their are reviews from people who have put serious mileage on these.
Suffolker

Post by Suffolker »

tommydog wrote:
Suffolker wrote:Not quite Rohloff, but something mentioned in this thread.

I emailed them a while ago, but I think they are still trying to work out some teething problems. They told me they hoped to have the product out by April 2018, but I would not hold your breath. It seems to have been in development for a long time. If I were you I would hold back until their are reviews from people who have put serious mileage on these.

I think I'll be holding off, as you advise. I'm never very happy with new equipment projects where a deposit is called for. I have previously had burnt fingers, ending up minus deposit and without the finished article, and prefer to stump up for the whole thing when it is in commercial production.

They mention some where that the present incarnation of the hub is being tested through the Norwegian winter, and I'd hope there'll be some independent appraisal from that.
AndyA

Post by AndyA »

https://cyclingindustry.news/rohloff-in ... available/

Rohloff have added electronic shifting to pair the hub with a Bosch e-bike motor/controller
tommydog

Post by tommydog »

Just to let you know I am now selling a Rohloff hydraulic shifter (Psh'R 1.2) if anyone is interested. Please see the for sale section on the forum. I am open to any sensible offer.
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

tommydog wrote:Just to let you know I am now selling a Rohloff hydraulic shifter (Psh'R 1.2) if anyone is interested. Please see the for sale section on the forum. I am open to any sensible offer.

I hardly dare ask but how did it work out?

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tommydog

Post by tommydog »

Brucey wrote:I hardly dare ask but how did it work out?

It worked out really well, and in my opinion is a vast improvement on the cable shifter. I was using it for most of the year and it never let me down once. Changes are a real breeze, where everything is ultra smooth. The only reason I am selling is because I sold my Rohloff bike.