Dahon seatpost and rack

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
whoof

Dahon seatpost and rack

Post by whoof »

I bought a Dahon 7 speed vitesse (with derailleur rear gear). But it is missing a seatpost.
https://dahon.com/bikes/vitesse-d7/

I'm pretty certain the replacement is 33.9mm by 600 mm. Can anyone confirm this or if different advise me of what size it is?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LITEPRO-Ultr ... 100623.m-1

I was also looking for a rack. Does anyone know if one of these Decathlon ones would fit? It does say suitable for 20" wheels but then says not suitable for a couple of their own folders.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/100-rear-pa ... 55487.html
drossall

Re: Dahon seatpost and rack

Post by drossall »

CH White are good for Dahon spares and will sort you out with a seat post. Or just use their site to check sizes. That rack looks OK, and is pretty adjustable. You could always check with the shop before ordering?
horizon

Post by horizon »

Rack looks fine (not for full size panniers of course). Any rack will fit though you may need to obtain different struts. I used a completely standard rack and struts on mine but if you are happy with a low rack then £9.99 seems like a bargain.

Haven't measured my seat post but check that it is long enough - mine isn't (I swap it for my Tern seatpost which is).
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
whoof

Post by whoof »

Thanks for the replies the link above it confirms it's 33.9 mm.
I've got a spare standard rack I'll give it a try.
Thanks to both of you.
horizon

Post by horizon »

I've measured my Dahon seatpost and it's 53 cm. That's not long enough for me (34" inside leg) so 600 mm sounds much better. If you've got short legs it would be OK.

Also it isn't micro-adjust and that might be something you want (or not).
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
drossall

Post by drossall »

I've just remembered that I've got a spare Dahon Vitesse rack knocking around in the shed. Yours if you want it and if getting it to you is feasible. I replaced it with one of those double-decker Ultimate racks.
whoof

Post by whoof »

drossall wrote:I've just remembered that I've got a spare Dahon Vitesse rack knocking around in the shed. Yours if you want it and if getting it to you is feasible. I replaced it with one of those double-decker Ultimate racks.

If I could have the rack that would be great. Unfortunately I won't be going to Herefordshire any time soon and I live in Bristol. If you don't mind going to the hassle of posting it to me I would of course pay for the postage but it's completely understandable if this wasn't an option.

Thanks