Breakup of sidewall mesh on Continental Duraskin tyres

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
mig

Re: Breakup of sidewall mesh on Continental Duraskin tyres

Post by mig »

where are these tyres made?

is there any correlation in qualities between the tyres they still make in germany and those they outsource to other countries?

i had some terrible 'top tourers' many years ago for commuting duties made in indonesia. really poorly shaped, really short lived carcasses.
iainb

Post by iainb »

I've had this happen on Gatorskins and 4 Seasons which weren't very old at all. Switched to Rubino Pros which I found to be just as good re wear and puncture resistance and much cheaper. Bought 10 when CRC were knocking them out for just under £15 Don't know if the latest ones are as good. I even found the 7 quid Zaffiros which I put on the pub bike lasted quite well.
Carpediem

Post by Carpediem »

I've been running conti 4s for a few years now and really like them especially in winter,they offer great traction.
Maybe just luck but only suffered a few punctures in 2 yrs.
I do accept they are very expensive and probably a bit draggier than other tyres ,but that's a small price to pay for excellent traction on wet roads IMO.
I suppose if your unlucky enough to suffer multiple punctures in a short time it would cloud your opinion of any tyres.
Valbrona

Post by Valbrona »

NEvans wrote:On both my Continental (Flat Protection System) Duraskin tyres, the sidewall mesh a layer which sits on top of the basic sidewall, is breaking up/peeling.

It what sometimes happens if a wrong size tyre (width ways) is fitted to a rim.
I should coco.