Old bike frame design - name?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Posts: 735
Joined: 21 Jan 2007, 3:13pm

Re: Old bike frame design - name?

Postby 9494arnold » 17 Mar 2018, 4:47pm

Joe Cooke Imperial Petrel Super Rigid?

Has a curved tube between top tube and down tube .

Also has a curved bridge between the chainstays and the seatstays .

Have a look at the "Classic Lightweights" Website for a picture.


At the National Cycle Museum we have a bike intended for the Track, behind the Motors, with an undersized front wheel and a vertical tube let in about 6 inches behind the headtube . Can't remember the make if that one and it is quite possibly a one off.