Yet another noob looking for a hybrid..

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
abzmanc

Re: Yet another noob looking for a hybrid..

Post by abzmanc »

Had a test ride of the Voodoo yesterday and enjoyed it. Think I've made my mind up. Will save a fair few quid compared to what I originally budgeted. Hopefully over the next 12 months I get a good idea of what improvement I'd want next time around.
westview

Re: Yet another noob looking for a hybrid..

Post by westview »

hello
Im a bit late to offer advice here, but if anybody else wants some feedback on the Voodoo Marasa, i can offer some - in my view its a good bike for the money it costs, i bought mine on cycle to work scheme March 2017 and have commuted almost daily (8 miles each way). I can say the bike has been 100% reliable and comfortable. Must say better than the Boardman Mx hybrid it replaced, which both wheels needed replacing within 12 months, chain snapped and wasn't really comfortable for me.. Im nearly 14 stone and 53 years, old btw.
Even the Marasa stock Kenda tyres have lasted well, only being swapped out today, not one puncture in 12 months! The bike still rides almost like new despite infrequent maintenance. Although the frame design looked a bit odd to me, once i test rode the bike i loved it and have found i get a lot less neck ache! I did swap out the handle bar stem and pedals on day one (just because i had better ones), but other than that i'd recommend the Marasa. This years model looks pretty similar, and a snip today at £320! i'm half tempted to buy another or a Voodoo Agwe.
i'd also give a thumbs up to Halfords, Exeter - helpful, and friendly.
ps i dont work for Voodoo or Halfords!!