Saddle height issue

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Si

Saddle height issue

Post by Si »

Imagine that your seat post is at max but you still need the saddle a cm or two higher. You cant change the seat post for a longer one. How do you fix the problem?

Ive put a bodge in place that is working so far, but would like a more elegant (but cheap) solution. Any ideas?
mercalia

Re: Saddle height issue

Post by mercalia »

how long a seat post have you got?

You could a little more using that rather heavy chunk of metal that is nornally used to set the seat further back?
vk saddle adjuster
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/saddles/vk-saddle-adjuster/?sessionid=072a2c0bb4f528d02918ae83f98dbd5081c948f0&geoc=US
rjb

Post by rjb »

A mod you could do with folders which took 28.6 mm diameter seat pins was too find a scrap frame, cut out the seat tube and use this with its original seat pin. Might give you some ideas. :wink:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Si

Post by Si »

Afraid that i cant do any surgery to current post...its carbon and D shaped!

The vk saddle adjuster looks interesting...apart from the set back. Its not unlike the bodge i found!
iow

Post by iow »

standard brompton saddles seem to have a higher profile than many saddles. often to be found relatively cheap on eBay..
mark
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

I have been using the VK adapter now for some years so is solid enough, just adds a bit of extra weight :? Only works with Brookes type rail saddles and suitable seatposts that can take such

it adds about an extra 25mm to the height. it can be used eith way increase/decrease set back