Juin Tech service

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
tempsperdu

Juin Tech service

Post by tempsperdu »

Does anyone know if Juin Tech R1 calipers are serviceable?
No response from agents.
Are there any parts such as seals?
Brucey

Re: Juin Tech service

Post by Brucey »

I have never seen seal parts for these calipers on offer. You might get lucky and find that they are the same size as some others that fit different brakes, you might not. Be aware that the seals don't just have to fit, they have to be made in a material that is compatible with the brake fluid in use, too.

My advice is that unless the brakes are not working properly then they might be best left alone, or given a fluid change only. If they are actually leaking then it may mean that the seals are bad but it could also mean that the MC or slave piston bores are damaged. If so new seals may not provide a cure of any kind or it will only be temporary such that the new seals are soon torn up and leaking just like the old ones were.

If you do strip anything down, scrupulous cleanliness is vital. Tiny particles of crud or fluff even can cause all kinds of problems.

Similar issues mean that hydraulic parts on cars and motorcycles are more rarely overhauled these days; it is just a bit too hit and miss to be worth spending the time at workshop labour rates.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

I did have bleed instructions for them but have since deleted them as I no longer use the callipers. I'm guessing you have tried contacting Edge Sports via their website?

https://www.edgesportsuk.com/store/contact/

I spoke to the gents at NEC Bike Show and I was given verbal instructions about bleeding but obviously couldn't remember all the details so contacted them using the above link and got a reply but found the email they sent in response in my spam folder.
tempsperdu

Post by tempsperdu »

Thanks for the replies.
I do most things on my bike but hydraulics I leave to my lbs.
The bleed instructions mention various Shimano items and piston gap gauges.
Also I don't have the fluids or the disposal facilities so I will let them have a go.