Pedals for a newbie

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
pwa

Re: Pedals for a newbie

Post by pwa »

Keep practising the release as you go along, time after time. And have the release tension very low. I've never had mine on anything other than a very low setting. You know you've got the training right when you find yourself flicking your ankle out on a plain pedal.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I've never fallen clipped in, but when I had clips and straps, it was a major issue.
Unless you could predict when you were gong to have to stop, you wouldn't have time to unclip the leather strap.

Riding in traffic, I always slacked off the LH strap, but bowling along they were both tight and my feet wouldn't be able to come out unless the straps were released.

Back in those days, I had cleats that fitted on the back end of the rat-trap pedals. Latterly, I used Campag Victory pedals with the same shoes and cleats.
campagnolovictoryblackstraps-1.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

My Ridgeback expedition came with straps. Fell over twice, one time bust a light.

Their attractions mystify me.
Sweep
nick1984

Post by nick1984 »

Ride = 1
Falls = 0

Didn’t have too much trouble clipping in and out. Had to adjust the saddle height half way round tho as started getting thigh pain. After adjustment all was fine :)

Next ride out should be Friday morning before heading down south for the weekend

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels