DIY shed alarm

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
reohn2

Re: DIY shed alarm

Post by reohn2 »

francovendee wrote:Blimey reohn2 you sound like you live in a fortress

No I don't,the measures I've taken aren't immediately obvious to a casual observer,but I'm confident to a scroat they'r aobvious enough to deter.Thieves don't like light hence the PIR lights,and they like to be able to make a run for it if disturbed,they don't like high fences where if they get in and are disturbed in the act can't escape,hence the 1.8m fences and cat spikes to the rear of the property.
They may check out the place but move on elsewhere for easier pickings.

. Are you in a high crime area?

Not particularly but two neighbours have been burgled.
One when on holiday,who had easy access to the rear of his property,he's since fitted CCTV.
The other had a paving slab lifted from their front garden and heaved throìght their front window as they watched tv,the burglar then leaned throught the broken window and snatched their laptop from the chair arm next to where the lady of the house was sitting at the time!

I guess I'm complacent but I frequently don't lock up when going to bed. I shouldn't tempt fate but not had a problem yet

Ain't worth the risk as the upset and potential is fearful.
In my work as joiner/builder I've been called out and seen the results of a few burglaries,it's not pretty and the poor people on the receiving end have been shocked,upset and have lasting worries,especially them who were at home asleep when it happened.
The phase "we could've been killed in our bed" is something I've heard a couple of times.

Mrs R2 is a quiet timid person with anxiety issues,I don't want her to be anymore anxious than needs be.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden