Tyre Longevity

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Tyre Longevity

Post by Mick F »

It seems Wiggle have put the price up.
I paid £9.99 each on Monday and on Thursday, they're £11.49.
Still a bargain but strange price increase so soon.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-rubino ... cher-tyre/

BTW, bike ride this morning was a success. 24miles spin, and very pleased with the new tyres.
Can't say for definite, but I could swear they're quieter - almost silent.
These are Rubino Pro 3 ........... nothing particularly written on the tyres, but the box said Rubino Pro 3.
Dunno if my previous tyres were 3s or 2s or 1s. Either way, these are quiet - very very quiet. No zing like the others.
Mick F. Cornwall
amediasatex

Post by amediasatex »

Wiggle and their dynamic pricing algorithms... if they register an increase of lots of people looking at or buying an item the price slowly starts to creep up. Likewise ‘ignored’ products can creep down to generate interest as it looks like a bargain, and once it’s got some interest the cycle begins again.

It’s very common practise in many online retail shops and can be turned on or off for specific products or categories or used in conjunction with manual price review.
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

Mick F wrote:
Kenn wrote:Mick, Sorry to go a bit off-topic , but I wondered why you have been mostly riding the Moulton instead of the Mercian. I would guess the Mercian is quicker and less work, so the Moulton must have something special.
Well, this is a bit of a story really.

I've had Mercian on the road since late 1986.

In recent years when it's not been on long rides, I've been riding it three or four times a week all round the area up to 70 or 80 miles a time, but usually around 30 to 40miles.

I've been getting bored. :oops:
It's fine if you are cycle-commuting, but now I don't do it, all I'm doing is cycling the same roads on the same bike.

In 2010, I was riding a Raleigh Chopper, and even did JOGLE on it. I found two things with that bike.
One, everybody wanted to chat about it, and it was fun to chat and to ride it.
Two, it was damned hard work, and I became fitter than I'd ever been in my life.

I can relate to that.... it does sound like your Mercian is your perfect best bike... and as such riding it does not challenge you like your other bikes. And without challenge there perhaps isn't the same emotional involvement with the journey...
Perhaps this is a warning for us all who strive towards our own perfect bicycle...
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

cycle tramp wrote:I can relate to that.... it does sound like your Mercian is your perfect best bike... and as such riding it does not challenge you like your other bikes. And without challenge there perhaps isn't the same emotional involvement with the journey...
Perhaps this is a warning for us all who strive towards our own perfect bicycle...
Yep! :D
Nicely put.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Mick F wrote:I reckon Mercian looks more "aggressive" with all-black tyres, though looks ok. Mrs Mick F will be the final arbiter, but she's not home until Friday.
She's looked and she's commented.

"They're mundane and not pretty, but they show the wheels off nicely."

She likes the fact that I got a bargain! :D
Mick F. Cornwall