Used Specialized Roubaix Expert 2013, used Amira (tiagra) 2013 or new Allez E5 2017

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Karoliinan

Used Specialized Roubaix Expert 2013, used Amira (tiagra) 2013 or new Allez E5 2017

Post by Karoliinan »

I’m buying a new bike and trying to figure out as a beginner in bicycling which of these would be a better options to buy; used Specialized Roubaix Expert from 2013, used Specialized Amira from 2013 or a new Specialized Allez E5 from 2017?

They are both the same size and same price range; Roubaix Expert for 1000e, Amira for 1300e and Allez E5 for 900e.

The seller for Amira told it is barely used during these years, about the roubaix I don’t know but they both looks to be in good condition in pictures at least.
But do you think it would be more worth the money to buy a new one, for example Allez E5 or some other within the same price range, so that I don’t need to start buying new parts and repairs to the used bikes, which would add up the costs?

Or is it worth to buy an used, if it really is a better bike, and maybe in so good condition it doesn’t need any big changes during a few years?

Thank you for your help!
dragonrider

Re: Used Specialized Roubaix Expert 2013, used Amira (tiagra) 2013 or new Allez E5 2017

Post by dragonrider »

As one of the bikes you are looking at is an Amira I must presume you are female. My advice is beware the reach i.e. arm stretch, can be very different for men and women. Pop in to your Specialized store and sit on them to see how it feels. Many women ride men’s frames but it won’t work for all female riders.