Wahoo speed sensor mounting

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Mattievrs

Wahoo speed sensor mounting

Post by Mattievrs »

Hey all, now I know they mount on the front or rear wheel on the hub. I’ve got a wahoo speed sensor on the rear but the hub is a funny shape with a bulge at one end so the sensor sits at a crazy angle.
Anyone come up with a mounting solution for this issue or just gone with it ?

Thanks

Matt
From Leicester
Road and mtb are my thing. Aswell as cars,women,fire,meat and beer.
igauk

Re: Wahoo speed sensor mounting

Post by igauk »

On my Miche hub the Wahoo sensor just sits a bit off centre towards the non-drive side to to avoid the drive side bulge. Secure and works fine.
Moulton TSR 30
Mattievrs

Post by Mattievrs »

There isn’t enough room to slide it to one side to make it sit flat. I’ve come up with a solution anyway. I’ve fitted a small square of rubber from an old brake block to pack the one side up a bit so it now sits level and straight.
From Leicester
mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

What's wrong with putting it on the front? or are you doing big wheelies off the lights all the time?

Incidentally has anyone noticed that the data it produces is quite noisy. Using the wahoo fitness app it shows the right speed on the screen all the time, but when I look through the data afterwards there are often some enormous spikes in speed. Also when uploaded to strava the distance always appears completely wrong - Anywhere between half and 10x the distance I actually did. I always have to use the "correct distance" option to tell strava to use the gps data instead of the speed data.

Yes I did change all the batteries just in case.
Mattievrs

Post by Mattievrs »

mikeyg123 wrote:What's wrong with putting it on the front? or are you doing big wheelies off the lights all the time?

Incidentally has anyone noticed that the data it produces is quite noisy. Using the wahoo fitness app it shows the right speed on the screen all the time, but when I look through the data afterwards there are often some enormous spikes in speed. Also when uploaded to strava the distance always appears completely wrong - Anywhere between half and 10x the distance I actually did. I always have to use the "correct distance" option to tell strava to use the gps data instead of the speed data.

Yes I did change all the batteries just in case.

I use the bike on a trainer as well where the front wheel doesn’t spin.
From Leicester