Which rear cassette do I need for GT Aggressor XC3 2008

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
WilliamH

Which rear cassette do I need for GT Aggressor XC3 2008

Post by WilliamH »

Hi all, have searched the forums but didn't find anything. I'm replacing the chain, chainset and 8 speed rear cassette on my 2008 GT Aggressor XC3 from Halfords. Have narrowed down the ideal chain and chainset but I'm not having any luck finding a suitable replacement cassette - I don't really know what to look for. Would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Cheers guys.
LinusR

Re: Which rear cassette do I need for GT Aggressor XC3 2008

Post by LinusR »

Count the number of teeth on the big cog on the current cassette and get the same. I'm assuming the new chainset has the same number of teeth on the chainrings as the old one and you are happy with the gear ratios (ie they are low enough to get you up the hills). Any 8 speed shimano cassette should do as long as it has the same number of teeth as the existing.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Is there any reason you can't replace it with whats on it now?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
WilliamH

Post by WilliamH »

Hi guys thanks for your quick reply and thanks Linus for the help. I counted 32 on the largest sprocket so I got this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005OCL43Q/

I also got the Shimano HG40 replacement chain.

The chainset I have managed to replace like for like, by identifying exactly what model is already fitted to the bike. I wanted to do the same for the rear cassette but couldn't find any model number or anything like that, so wasn't sure where to start. Thanks again for the help.