Schwalbe One Problem?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
peetee

Re: Schwalbe One Problem?

Post by peetee »

What an informative and helpful reply form Schwalbe. I think i will contact them about the repeated instance of premature sidewall cracks and miss-shapen marathon tyres.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Samuel D wrote:I have used the previous version of the Schwalbe One for years and the chafer always starts unravelling as in the second photo. This starts happening earlier if you run your tyres at lower pressure.

Not a problem as long as enough chafer remains to prevent the casing from directly touching the rim at the contact patch over big bumps. Pull the loose threads off by yanking them tangentially to the rim to avoid causing more unravelling.

Agreed - but its better to cut the threads with scissors than to yank at them, as yanking can just pull off more of the thread that was still stuck to the sidewall, thus accelerating the generation of future thread wisps.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Cube Rider

Post by Cube Rider »

peetee wrote:What an informative and helpful reply form Schwalbe. I think i will contact them about the repeated instance of premature sidewall cracks and miss-shapen marathon tyres.

Peetee, for your information I emailed Schwalbe UK here is their address info@schwalbe.co.uk
peetee

Post by peetee »

Thanks for that.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.