Faiv Hoogar front rack - anyone use one?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Tangled Metal

Faiv Hoogar front rack - anyone use one?

Post by Tangled Metal »

Been looking at the Faiv Hoogar lowrider rack. It's a rack designed for suspension forks and is fully suspended.

AIUI most front racks for suspension forks such at axiom, Blackburn and old man mountain fix to the axle and the fork legs. As a result they move with the suspension effectively deadening it.

The Faiv Hoogar rack attaches to the steerer (clamps inside) and to the legs of the forks with a bracket and bar which the bracket moves up and down. This means the weight is on the steerer of the bike not the part of the fork attached to the wheel. AIUI it's better to have weight suspended not on the wheel.

So, has anyone seen one of these? What's it like if you have used one?

https://faiv.de/fahrrad/gepaecktraeger-hoogar/
Ant...

Re: Faiv Hoogar front rack - anyone use one?

Post by Ant... »

Never seen one of these, looks interesting! only drawback I see is all the load is on the one bolt.
531colin

Post by 531colin »

Is that really 220 Euros?
How much is a rigid fork?
Ant...

Post by Ant... »

Blimy, didn't look at the price!!
gregoryoftours

Post by gregoryoftours »

I haven't tried one but I would have thought those bushings wouldn't last long exposed to grit and the elements. I bought a tubus swing a few years ago but never got around to fitting it as it was missing the bolts that hold the mounting plate to the fork crown. If you want you can have it for what I bought it for plus postage. It's unused.