USB power pack that *recharges itself* quickly?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Sweep

Re: Fast charge powerbanks?

Postby Sweep » 10 Apr 2018, 10:19pm

But what can you do with one battery dare I ask?
Sweep

ConRAD

Postby ConRAD » 11 Apr 2018, 8:19am

… back to the initial thread i.e. “fast charge powerbanks?” I think that the new “key point” in fast charging might be represented by the emerging USB-Type C connection.
As far as I understand Type C is not a new USB: USB-Type C can encompass indeed already existing USB well consolidated standards such as 2.0-3.0-3.1_Gen/Gen2-PD_Power Delivery and so on so forth.
It seems so far that the “C” refers exclusively to the connector type that is
- very ROBUST whether compared to existing mini-micro type A, B, etc.
- totally REVERSIBLE, i.e. pluggable upside down with no orientation distinction
- suitable to DUAL ROLE function, capable in other words of automatically recognize and adapt voltage&current within the Power Delivery USB specs, either in the role of supplying or being supplied device.
Searching on the web it appears that either Anker and Rav already offer such new USB-Type C/PD Power Packs that, mAh/Wh apart, exhibit considerable improvements into the direction of “fast charging”.

HobbesOnTour

Postby HobbesOnTour » 12 Apr 2018, 2:50am

Sweep wrote:But what can you do with one battery dare I ask?

There's my nasal hair trimmer, travel electric toothbrush, battery operated nail clipper. I share the battery between all three, of course - gotta travel light and rough it sometimes :D

Frank

jackt

USB power pack that *recharges itself* quickly?

Postby jackt » 27 Nov 2018, 3:02pm

Does anyone know of a USB power pack that recharges itself from a mains socket particularly quickly? Most 'fast charging' features relate to the speed with which a device is charged by the power pack, not the speed at which the power pack can recharge.

My typical usage for a USB power pack while cycle touring is that I top it up while stopping for lunch or in a cafe, and then use it to charge up any devices (camera batteries, phone, GPS) while riding or in the tent overnight. So the faster the power pack can recharge the better.

I recently bought a Motorola G6 Plus mobile phone that has an fast charge function. Using the dedicated 15W charger, the phone charges can get a complete charge in an hour or so, which is much faster than my previous mobile recharged.

thanks in advance for any suggestions
Author of Lost Lanes, Lost Lanes Wales and Lost Lanes West. Presents The Bike Show podcast.

RickH

Re: USB power pack that *recharges itself* quickly?

Postby RickH » 27 Nov 2018, 10:13pm

I have a 26800mAh Anker Powercore that has dual 2A inputs (20W).

andrew_s

Postby andrew_s » 30 Nov 2018, 9:10pm

ConRAD wrote:
tommydog wrote:... this is one of the latest ones from RAV. It claims dual input to reduce charging times ...

... oh, good for two dynamos so ... :cry:

No problem.
Just ride a tadpole trike with two dynohub front wheels