Mercian Shop Closing

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
amediasatex

Re: Mercian Shop Closing

Post by amediasatex »

Samuel D wrote:but the fork is threaded when I’d prefer threadless...And that colour! What were they thinking? Unbuyable.

:lol: And conversely I prefer threaded to Ahead, and I like the colour*, just goes to show you won't please everyone, but you might please some.

*I don't like not knowing the geometry
pwa

Post by pwa »

I don't mind the colour. Not lurid green or pink. But yes, you need to know more than is being stated. Lovely details though, that you won't get with a Genesis. If it were around the corner from me I would be round there with a tape measure etc. But only if it appeared to be my size, and it isn't.

Also, painted by Argos. I've had two paint jobs by Argos blister.
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

Samuel D wrote: And that colour! What were they thinking? Unbuyable.

They were probably thinking "that's the colour I like" rather than "that's the colour other people will like" ..... Sort of sensible when it's being made to your spec? :roll:
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

fastpedaller wrote:
Samuel D wrote: And that colour! What were they thinking? Unbuyable.

They were probably thinking "that's the colour I like" rather than "that's the colour other people will like" ..... Sort of sensible when it's being made to your spec? :roll:

Just shows how people differ, I think it's a lovely colour! If it was my size I would be seriously tempted.
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
Samuel D

Post by Samuel D »

fastpedaller wrote:They were probably thinking "that's the colour I like" rather than "that's the colour other people will like" ..... Sort of sensible when it's being made to your spec? :roll:

Of course. Go a bit easier on me, fastpedaller! It’s just that that blue would clash with my other shade of blue tops (all of which are blue except one black winter jacket).

Give me a bright yellow, please. Or black that my Spa Audax taught me to like.
Arby99

Post by Arby99 »

My first Mercian a KOM was purchased in 1983 and is still perfect. I had it resprayed in 2018 so also looks like knew. Unbelievably good value and has done tens of thousands of happy miles. Cheap, no they are not. Expensive, no way. They are fantastic value and if purchased from a US frame builder would cost many times more.

- Andy