Kool Stop vs. Swissstop?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Kool Stop vs. Swissstop?

Post by Mick F »

I am always amazed at how little brakes are used. I can go for miles without using them, though some rides and routes, they get used almost constantly, and some rides, rarely.

This is even considering the hills round here.
Mick F. Cornwall
foxyrider

Re: Kool Stop vs. Swissstop?

Post by foxyrider »

Mick F wrote:I am always amazed at how little brakes are used. I can go for miles without using them, though some rides and routes, they get used almost constantly, and some rides, rarely.

This is even considering the hills round here.

Indeed, today's ride had very little brake action over almost 150km of North Notts, I probably did the middle section with nothing more than the odd skim for junctions, certainly no hard braking. Thursday's 120km of Peak District had the brakes seeing a lot of action by comparison, luckily White Peak rather than Dark so not too abrasive.

Currently trialling a couple of budget brands for comparative durability, Kool Stop at one end and WTB at the other - seem pretty similar so far but certainly neither are at my experience of Swisstop.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!