Tubeless road tyres

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Paul G

Tubeless road tyres

Post by Paul G »

Hi
Original tyres Giant race 1 700x25
Wanting to change my tubeless tyres from the original as recently got a puncture.
Any thought or preferred make? Main use is summer and 30 miles plus per ride out.
Many thanks in advance
softlips

Re: Tubeless road tyres

Post by softlips »

Hutchinson Fusion5 Tubeless are what I fitted. They are a better tyre than the Giant which I found lost grip easily in the wet.
NickJP

Post by NickJP »

I've been using Schwalbe 700x30 G-One Speed tubeless for the past couple of years on a Lynskey Sportive I have. No punctures at all that I can recall, and they roll out pretty well, but the 30mm is the smallest width they make for that tyre, so they might not fit your frame.
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Exactly the same as Nick above although I know that I have had a few thorns that have sealed perfectly. Replaced one the other day to find several still in the tyre. No idea how long. They roll nicely and give that extra bit of comfort should I take to the cycle tracks.
Some Hutchinsons get a bit of a poor review but so do Schwalbes so ask about a bit.
Gattonero

Post by Gattonero »

Paul G wrote:Hi
Original tyres Giant race 1 700x25
Wanting to change my tubeless tyres from the original as recently got a puncture.
Any thought or preferred make? Main use is summer and 30 miles plus per ride out.
Many thanks in advance

Would be interesting to know how this puncture has happened: cut from glass? Pin-hole from a thorn or nail?
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are...