Help with isis crank

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
shazbah

Help with isis crank

Post by shazbah »

Hi all. At the moment i am on secondment in Spain for 2 years and i have bought myself a second hand sparta e-bike with a Bosch motor. Last week my pedal fell off and it needs a new right crank arm . I believe it to be an isis 170mm crank but am not 100% sure. I need to order a new one or set. Can anyone tell me if all isis crank arms will fit or do i need a certain make/model. The bike shops here in Spain dont seem to have a clue. Can anyone help? I have enclosed some pics .Thanks in advance
Sharon
Attachments
20190402_140248.jpg
20190402_141423.jpg
20190403_163341.jpg
mattheus

Re: Help with isis crank

Post by mattheus »

***WARNING: there follows guesswork, due to noone else answering for a day. Might be helpful, might be nonsense ***

I've never looked closely at an E-bike.

left cranks are easy - you just need the right splines (in this case, Isis!). R cranks *usually* have the chainrings attached (or something like a spider attached, to which the chainrings are _then_ attached). They thus vary a lot!

From your picture, it looks like this E-bike setup has a right crank that attaches just like a LEFT crank. There are probably "special" right cranks for this transmission (that don't ahve chainrings or spider attached), so I'd recommend trying to find one. AS they are quite simple, they may be quite affordable. "May" ...
Brucey

Re: Help with isis crank

Post by Brucey »

are they these?

https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/bosch-ebike-crank-arms

if so they can be had for about £35 from some sources, in different lengths, and yes they use the ISIS spline.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~