Garmin question

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
mattsccm

Garmin question

Post by mattsccm »

Got a Garmin 800. Does everything nicely for except one thing. I have managed to work out how to have what Garmin call 2 different bike running. IE that's a screen for each with different data fields. Thing is that they are both live.
What I want to do is this. Ride to my evening time trial with one screen that shows me the normal stuff I like then switch "bikes" to my TT set up shows things like a timer, average speed etc. I then switch to the normal screen for the ride home. With me so far?
However both screens/bikes record the data which is not what I ideally want. I'd like to keep the TT data separate. Can it be done? Probably not but I am a bit of a techno dimwit.
Bez

Re: Garmin question

Post by Bez »

If you have auto start enabled, then when you get to your event, stop the activity, discard it (or save it if you prefer), switch profiles, and then auto start when you start the event.

If you have it disabled, just don’t start the activity until you get to the start line having changed profiles shortly beforehand.
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

I think thats what I am doing.
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Also I need auto start as I can't start it as I start the TT.
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Go into settings and select auto pause. Have you read the manual?
Bez

Post by Bez »

mattsccm wrote:I think thats what I am doing.

As long as you end the previous activity before starting the TT, they should be recorded separately. Is that not what you find?