How Old is Your Trangia ..

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
jerg

Re: How Old is Your Trangia ..

Post by jerg »

I bought mine in 1977.

The frying pan has never been the same since I used it under my motorcycle side stand, to stop the stand sinking in and causing the bike to fall over. That was back in 1982 on a trip around europe.

Over the years I've lost bits and pieces such as the original handle. The original simmer ring was thrown away by a Duke Of Edinburgh instructor a few years ago after my daughter borrowed it, as he didn't realise it was a different design to the more modern ones. To say that I was unimpressed is an understatement.
nigelnightmare

Re: How Old is Your Trangia ..

Post by nigelnightmare »

jerg wrote:I bought mine in 1977.

The frying pan has never been the same since I used it under my motorcycle side stand, to stop the stand sinking in and causing the bike to fall over. That was back in 1982 on a trip around europe.

Over the years I've lost bits and pieces such as the original handle. The original simmer ring was thrown away by a Duke Of Edinburgh instructor a few years ago after my daughter borrowed it, as he didn't realise it was a different design to the more modern ones. To say that I was unimpressed is an understatement.

If he's still walking around then I admire your self control.