Teasi One

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
robert17

Teasi One

Post by robert17 »

Following on from another thread - I was wondering who has one of these and what they think of it. I'm a little confused as to whether they come with UK maps. Plus, if not is it free and easy to download some? I am an Ordnance Survey subscriber - could I put OS maps on? Any knowledge gratefully received. Thank you.
the snail

Re: Teasi One

Post by the snail »

Hi, I have the teasi one. IIRC it comes with maps for all of Europe, but you can download all maps for free. I removed all the maps except UK, as it was a bit slow to load all the maps at start up. I think the maps are OSM based. As a basic no frills device with a nice colour display I can't fault it.
wirral_cyclist

Post by wirral_cyclist »

I've got a teasi too, nice big screen, navigates well, follows an imported GPX faithfully. The mapsets are available as free download, albeit infrequently, and whilst the map is OSM based they are in a custom format.
plancashire

Re: Teasi One - end of support Dec 2021 - UPDATE NOW

Post by plancashire »

For anyone here who has a Teasi navigation device: the company will cease support for them at the end of December 2021. They cite the competition from phones as the reason.

You have until 31 December 2021 to update the software and maps to the latest versions.

I updated my Teasi One 3 (the pre-compass model with less memory) from Caph to Edasich. The system runs noticeably faster. I can't say if it affects battery life. Other reports on https://gpsradler.de/ confirm my impression (in German).

You can download all the maps with the Tahuna (Teasi) software. The best way to do this is with the Teasi /not/ connected so it downloads to the computer only. If the Teasi is connected it will also put them on the device. I downloaded all the maps for the whole world. It takes a very long time as the server is quite slow.

I have also downloaded all the online documentation I can find on the Teasi / Tahuna website. Ask here if you have a question.

I plan to keep using my Teasi until the battery dies or I get fed up with powerpacks / the USB output on my Plug 2. The mapping here in Germany is excellent. I find the Teasi works well for my uses. Britain is mapped far less well in OSM, particularly footpaths. In Germany much public mapping data has been donated to OSM. You will find every building here in many places- not in Britain.

Peter Lancashire / Düsseldorf / tout terrain 5th Avenue Rohloff.
I am NOT a cyclist. I enjoy riding a bike for utility, commuting, fitness and touring on tout terrain Rohloff, Brompton M3 and Wester Ross 354 plus a Burley Travoy trailer.
goldencore

Post by goldencore »

Hi!
I just found out that the Teasi maps are not getting updated anymore.
Can anyone upload at least some of the maps (Europe) somewhere?