Front light with bar bag?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
drossall

Re: Front light with bar bag?

Post by drossall »

horizon wrote:Not sure how the world would have got on had SJS not made them.

I'd be amazed if SJS didn't have something to suit almost any such requirement.
tincaman

Post by tincaman »

PH wrote:
Norman H wrote:There's also this if your bar bag uses R&K Klick Fix fitting.

I bought one of those in the hope of mounting a light on it, but it faces backwards and doesn't lift a light high enough for the beam to clear a bag, none of my three anyway.

I have the same problem, I fitted that accessory holder and then one of these on top of that
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32776791436.html. Clears the bag nicely now
backnotes

Post by backnotes »

If you are as lacking in foresight as me, and habitually turn your bike upside down to mend punctures, then with the extender bars that stick up above the bag, you may realise for the first time that you can't do this as easily, or at all, the first time you have a puncture! It's not a deal-breaker, and will depend on the design and strength of the extender, but it's something that mounting the light somewhere below the bar bag avoids.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

On my Dawes tourer the bar bag is high enough to fit the main headlamp to the fork crown. Computers and other lights then go on an extension bar that's above the handlebar stem.

On my wife's Dawes tourer the main headlamp is on the RH fork, the bar bag is lower, and the extension bar is integrated with a handlebar spacer. That last bit works because the bar bag is lower than it can be with my set-up.

If a headlamp on the fork is too low you can do something similar on the brake fittings, again with bits from SJS.

Jonathan

PS: We also have a bar bag with the extension bar screwed to the floor which wobbles as described above.
robing

Post by robing »

In the end I got these simple but effective lights from Halfords:

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-l ... -light-set

Silicone straps mean you can strap them to virtually anything - so can put on a fork/heat tube/seatpost/ rack etc.

And got my 10% CUK discount :D