Ti Build started...

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
100%JR

Ti Build started...

Post by 100%JR »

OK so it's only the BB/Headset and Bars but at least it's started :mrgreen:

Next step post and saddle.Almost 100% set on a Brooks Cambium C17.Thinking brown with brown bar tape but not sure the Retro-look will go with the integrated Aero stem/bars........That said it'll have ETAP etc so may a touch of retro will look OK...

mattsccm

Re: Ti Build started...

Post by mattsccm »

I used brown and brown on my Ti bike. Not a very good look . A bit dull. Bight works well I reckon.
hamster

Post by hamster »

I used brown and brown on my Litespeed; love it whispers quality rather than shouts. Different strokes for different folks, clearly! 8) But it is one of the early ones with yellow lettering.
pwa

Post by pwa »

It already has black and silver. Just continue with that. Black Cambium with silver rails. Anything else with either black or silver. Easy.
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

mattsccm wrote:I used brown and brown on my Ti bike. Not a very good look . A bit dull. Bight works well I reckon.

I’m not keen on bright.Plenty of that on my riding kit.
pwa wrote:It already has black and silver. Just continue with that. Black Cambium with silver rails. Anything else with either black or silver. Easy.

I usually have white saddles/helmet/shoes and black&white tape.I fancy something a bit different.I once had brown saddle/grips on a MTB and I didn’t mind it.I’ve a spare white saddle I’ll try but I don’t think it goes with the frame.
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Ordered a brown Cambrium C17.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Classy saddle on a classy frame!!

Cheers James
Fairweather

Post by Fairweather »

I'm planning a similar project. What weight are you aiming for at the end build?
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Fairweather wrote:I'm planning a similar project. What weight are you aiming for at the end build?

Not that fussed TBH.If it weighs somewhere between my Canyon Ultimate CF SL and my Boardman CX Comp I'll be happy.
I should think 16lbs shouldn't be too difficult to achieve with Carbon wheels.
Fairweather

Post by Fairweather »

The reason I'm asking is I'm torn between a very light use Lightspeed and your frame. My current disc bike is 28lbs and I'd really like to put one together under 20 as I spend a lot of time lugging it on and off trains and into inaccessible bike racks!
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Fairweather wrote:The reason I'm asking is I'm torn between a very light use Lightspeed and your frame. My current disc bike is 28lbs and I'd really like to put one together under 20 as I spend a lot of time lugging it on and off trains and into inaccessible bike racks!

28lbs!!!! That’s Full suss MTB territory :shock: Is that just the bike or including bags/racks/panniers?
The R480 Frame/fork is around 1.3kg IIRC.
You’ll not go far wrong with either the Litespeed or the R480.Even with low end/midrange parts I’m sure you could achieve sub 20lbs.
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Di2 STi's and Callipers fitted :cool:

I'll thread/cut/connect them next.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Looking good!

Cheers James
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

curious minds want to know if you are planning to use the microwave or the gas hob to finish it off. [Mind you, it is obvious really, it won't fit in the microwave.... :roll: ]

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Brucey wrote:curious minds want to know if you are planning to use the microwave or the gas hob to finish it off. [Mind you, it is obvious really, it won't fit in the microwave.... :roll: ]

cheers

:D
Always build bikes in the kitchen........easier to get a cuppa etc 8)